A fiercely independent advisor who helps create financial confidence and understanding.
You have worked hard for your money and decisions about it do not need to be stressful. Believe us, Janet's grandfather was a coal miner, so we appreciate hard-earned, smart wealth. We invest your money based on individual needs and risk levels. We focus on managing the downside, using exclusive managers, and utilizing a diverse combination of passive (low fees with moderate growth) and active (top quartile) managers.
The CFS Difference
You’ve heard it all before, but not this version. If you truly want a money manager that cares, delivers and performs, we are that difference! We define our success by the financial confidence factor that comes along working with us. Money decisions are important, but they do not need to be stressful. Our promise is to provide a caring environment that will help you manage your financial situation and support the path to your personal dream of freedom.
It is important to us that we invest in portfolios that are sustainable and responsible. We want to support the world's ability to endure, so that we can continue enjoying our lives. Our focus is on the environment, workplace, product integrity, corporate issues, and the local and global communities. You really do have a say in where your money goes. We help you select portfolios that align with your conscience and values.
- Ethical Product Implementation
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Fee Only Consulting
- A Woman's Voice
- Offering DFA FUNDS through LPL Financial
- Mutual Funds: Diversity is Key
- Comprehensive Asset Management Accounts
- Annuities: Variable and Fixed Products
- Equities: Individual Stocks and Bonds
- Planning: Modular or Comprehensive planning for Estate, College, Business, Tax and Retirement Planning
- Securities: Domestic and Foreign
- Insurance: Term or Permanent Cash Value Policies (Whole, UL, IndexedUL and VUL)
- Trust Services*: Professional and Corporate trustee services (for clients with over $500,000)
*LPL Financial Representatives offer access to Trust Services through The Private Trust Company N.A., an affiliate of LPL Financial.
The financial issues inherent to every divorce case are often times the ones that are the most overlooked. However, once a divorce settlement has been signed, it’s too late to change it. I can help you decide the tough financial decisions such as:
- Who should keep the house?
- How much will it cost to live post divorce?
- How can the retirement accounts be split and the money accessed?
Certified Divorce Financial Analysts™ are trained to answer these questions and more for men and women in the process of divorce and to provide litigation support for their attorneys, which helps them prove and often settle their case.
Consulting: Hourly based consulting to address specific financial planning requests are billed at $250/hr (thru 12/31/2013). Typically for divorce settlement planning, Second Opinion Portfolio Analysis and Comprehensive Planning without asset management or product placement.
Flat/Project Case Consulting: Ranges from $750 to $15,000. (Negotiated in advance.)
Today's women are independent thinkers, and are more than an "untapped market." As an advisor with more than 20 years of experience, I strive to:
- Provide a caring, resourceful financial team approach
- Give advice that applies to your situation, not a company’s canned presentation
- Provide trusted financial guidance as your needs change
- Empower you to take the steps necessary to implement responsible
- Provide an authentic approach to finances by relating to your situation
- Provide the framework for a long-term Client-to-Advisor relationship
I am now among a limited group of advisors nationwide offering Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) mutual funds through LPL Financial. DFA Funds are not available directly to the retail investor and are not available through most financial advisors or registered investment representatives or their firms.
Financial advisors must meet certain stringent requirements to qualify to offer DFA Funds to their clients, including specific criteria in regard to the advisor’s knowledge of capital markets, experience, training, and professional credentials.
"Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
- Josh Billings
Latest Blog Posts
The Ties Between Baseball and Financial Planning by Janet Barr
Bumps on the Slope
Never Spend Money before You Have it! A “Code of Conduct”from an Inspiring President
The Frugal Habits of Millionaires
Janet Barr, CFS, Market Week: January 27, 2014
January Newsletter 2014
December 2013 Newsletter
Veteran’s Day Blog.docx